Video marketing is one of the most effective ways to boost your sales and grow your business. In this article by Jeremy A Gislason, we’ll explore 8 proven tips to help you get the most out of your video marketing efforts.
Video marketing is now one of the most effective internet marketing strategies to apply. In today’s modern world, most people are busy and have short attention spans.
With all sorts of ads vying for their attention, you need something to capture their interest and engage as much of their senses. Videos are very powerful because they engage the visual, auditory, and kinesthetic senses.
Videos are more personal; they talk directly to the reader, unlike written text where you usually don’t have a clear idea on who is speaking.
There’s no doubt that video marketing is a great strategy if you want to increase your earnings. Here are some proven tips to make the most out of your video marketing efforts.
1) Your video must be something that will arouse the interest and grab the eyeballs of your target prospects. If it’s interesting enough, people will share it with others; therefore, it will have the potential to become a viral marketing machine. To achieve this feat, your video must contain one or more of the following qualities:
– Reveals helpful secrets or information
– Funny (including pranks)
– Sexual in nature
– Contains famous people like celebrities, sports stars, etc.
– Cute (have babies or animals)
Your video should give something of significant value. They should aim to pre-sell; not directly pitch your product or services right at the start.
Some other aspects that could make your video grab more attention are special effects, engaging background music (just make sure it’s royalty-free), and the charming personality of the person(s) in the video.
2) You must communicate your message clearly. You (or the person talking in your video) should speak loudly and clearly. Mumbling or stuttering is a definite “no-no,” unless you’re deliberately doing that for a good reason. Remember that your aim is to build your credibility or reputation, and the way your video talks to the viewers will have a tremendous impact on their perception about you, your product/service, or your company.
3) In your video, get your target prospects to see and hear your website many times. Since the url in a video isn’t clickable, you’ll have less chances of them going to your site. Therefore, your strategy is to have your url written and spoken in your videos, preferably multiple times.
4) Your call to action is crucial. Give them a stimulating incentive to visit your site. You can give them a free report, video, software, or any stuff that is free.
You could also tell them they can watch similar videos at your site.
One particularly good tip is to use the Zeigarnik effect, which states that “people remember incomplete or interrupted tasks better than completed ones.” If your video is not complete, people will not feel at ease until they’ve watched the rest of it. So post your incomplete video to the video-sharing sites, and tell viewers to visit your site if they want to finish watching it or know the ending.
5) If you’re too shy to be in the video itself, you could outsource the video creation to someone else. You could also create a camtasia video (you could speak or outsource someone to speak) or use pictures to create a great video (you may use a tool like the one at videoshowcasecreator.com).
6) It’s vital to take advantage of the title, description, and tags when you submit your video, because your video will not be read by the search engines. Put your main keywords in the title of the video. In your description, put your url at the start, write an attractive description, and tell the viewers to visit your site. Take advantage of tags. Tags are the keywords that people search for when they go to video-sharing sites, so do your keyword research and insert the appropriate tags.
7) Submit to multiple video-sharing sites, not only youtube. Although YouTube gets the most traffic, it’s still a good idea to submit to as many as you can because not all video watchers prefer youtube. In fact, you’re missing out on many potential customers by not submitting to the other video-sharing sites. Use tubemogul.com to submit your video easily to many sites in one upload, and at the same time track how many visitors have watched your video from each specific site.
8) Create as many videos as you can. It’s not rocket science to know that the more they see (and hear) your website and your message, the more exposure for you and the more sales you’ll make. Around 2 to 4 videos a month would be a great start; but if you can create more, the better.
It’s no surprise to see your profits double, triple, or increase multiple times if you properly use video marketing. Use this strategy now or leave countless money on the table.
Have you been making music without earning any real income from your talent? In the Music Business Blueprint you will learn how to make a living from your music regardless of your field of expertise or genre of music.
For a limited time, you can grab this book for free if you subscribe to our newsletter.
*This page contains affiliate links from which we earn a commission at no extra cost to you.